Cleaning Tips from the Messy~Just don't do it.

>> Friday, June 4, 2010

I hate. Hate. Hate. to recycle, not cause I’m a bad person, mostly I’m lazy and don’t want to clean out the cans/jars/jugs/tubs and break down boxes.

Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. Really?
Sheesh I’ve got enough to do, now I’ve gotta save the planet!

Now before all you tree- hugging Go-Greene’s send me Hate mail about how I’m defiling Mother earth an all…hold on.

I DO Recycle, It's just not my favorit thing to do…and truth be told, sometimes I cheat.
                                  (Oh come on, doesn’t everybody?)

Today as I turn to toss the empty Peanut butter Jar/Tub/thingy in the trash (for shame) I hear the voice of my friend Megan in my head.

You can recycle that!

Seeing that Megan tried to tackle me to the ground when she once caught me innocently tossing out an empty tub of salsa, I’d better recycle it. (guilt guilt)

We use a lot of peanut butter in my house. And not just in pb&j, we make banana dogs by putting PB on a hotdog bun with a banana, toping it with honey…yummy.

Or my famous PB apple, core out ½ an apple and fill the hole with PB…well you get the idea.

All them dang PB jars are the WORST to clean out, it’s not like you can just rinse them and be done, it’s an ordeal, PB get slimy when mixed with water...it’s just yucky…I don’t do slimy.

Then I got a brilliant Idea!!

If you don't want to do it yourself....Make the Dog do it!
 Dogs love Peanut butter right?  I put it in his toys and he cleans them out.

Wow I’m so smart, Problem solved!

He even got all the way down to the bottom, now thats clean!

Now if I could just get him to do that to the toilet!

Shell June 4, 2010 at 8:29 AM

I hate cleaning out the pb jars. I bet my kids could do what your dog is doing, though. LOL

Cheryl D. June 4, 2010 at 11:35 AM

OMG! You are so brilliant! I love to recycle, but there are some things that really are too hard to clean out. That is a really great idea. Too bad I don't have a dog! LOL! Great post.

Cassie June 4, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Hilarious! That is an awesome idea. but if your dog did do that to the toilet, you'd probably never be able to let him near you again! LOL

Jenn June 4, 2010 at 12:59 PM

That's too funny!! I am a lazy recycler too. Something about walking to the sink, turning on the tap and rinsing seems to be quite a chore!!

Bethany@ImperfectMom June 4, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Great idea! Our old dog would have just eaten the jar, though.

Marlene June 4, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Oh my gawd, that is hilarious!!!! I would have never thought of that! I have a dog, too. Dang, I just cleaned three toilets today. I could have initiated him. BLECCCH.

You're too funny.

I'm going to be up front and honest (cuz I ALWAYS am)....I am a LAZY ASS RECYCLER. I honestly DO try....but every once in a while, I nonchalantly toss something into the trash that I KNOW should have gone into the recycling bin!

Please don't send all your cronies after me....I have enough of my own! :)

Bossy Betty June 4, 2010 at 9:08 PM

The Dog-O-Matic coming to a store near you!!!

Brilliant!

Elizabeth Downie June 4, 2010 at 10:25 PM

Hahaha! I love it! Great idea. Peanut butter really is impossible to wash out of a jar.

grownupforeal June 5, 2010 at 6:17 AM

Well, you're still far ahead of me. My 11 year old son tries to hold me accountable to recycling which translates to mean if he's in the kitchen, I recycle.

I did almost get tackled at work though for throwing away an empty bottle of water. The saddest part wasn't the scolding, it was the fact that I sit next to the plastic recycle bin...hmph.

Blasé June 5, 2010 at 6:44 AM

I was hoping that you were going to inform us that YOU lick the jar clean...

Anyway, I really like the visual I'm having right now.

WhisperingWriter June 7, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Great idea!

We recycle some jars, but not all.