Don't let the door hit ya...

>> Saturday, July 17, 2010

I left my husband this week…packed the kids and the dog into the mini-van and left the bum. Thought he’d miss me…nope. Thought he’d care…nope. Thought he’d change his ways….nope.

I’m such a fool.

After camping on the Oregon coast for 3 days with my parents and a herd of kids, I’m about done. I’m dirty, stinky, have sand in places sand should never go, sun burnt, chapped lipped, and I miss my bed...And now I just need a stiff drink!

My husband however…I didn't miss. He left me with a sink full of dishes and split the nana-second we all dragged butt in the house.

“Ya home already” He greets with not so open arms. As Me, Myself, and I unload the car, while tossing snacks at the kids.

“Already?” I moan, “We just spent hours in traffic, there was a wreck on I-5 and the Dog has nasty gas, the kids fought the whole drive, I about died on that freeway! My knee is killing me, my butts numb and my sunburn itches like crazy but I can’t scratch it cause it hurts like a fricking bitch when I do! And NOW I get to cook dinner, YIPPIE-YAHOO!”

“Ok, well I’m going to take the Van up to have the oil changed.” He mumbles, dashing out the door.

Well that’s just stinking awesome! “The beach was nice, thanks for asking and ya might want to have them lube a bit more then the car while your there, CAUSE I’M GOING TO BE TIRED TONIGHT!!!”

If he wasn’t so cute, I would consider leaving him forever. MEN!

G-Zell July 17, 2010 at 6:35 PM

Oh no! LOL... love that last paragraph.... LOL.....

Julie July 17, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Oh you are so funny. Coming home to a mess really sucks though. When I'm gone with my son and 12 scouts to the BWCA or anywhere else I always come home to a ton of stuff plus cleaning up from from the trip. I do understand, really I do. Just take it a bit at a time and try to just think of all the great time you did have on vacation.
Take care and have a blessed weekend.

Leanne July 17, 2010 at 8:33 PM

AHHHHH HAAAA!!! Oh, dear! I would write something of more importance right now, but I can't see between the tears of laughter I have coming down my face. Oh, dear!!!!

(soooooo funny!)

Brittney July 17, 2010 at 8:41 PM

omg too funny... lube a lil more b.c im tired tonight haha loved it!

Rose July 17, 2010 at 8:46 PM

men don't always have sense about us. getting away , was it worth it?

Cheryl D. July 17, 2010 at 8:56 PM

I say he can go camping tonight...on the friggin' couch! LOL

Donda July 17, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Sofa City Sweetheart!! He should at least have a sunburn too!! Men are pigs sometimes!

Blasé July 18, 2010 at 6:06 AM

I just hope he stays "cute" for a long time....for his sake.

Ruth July 18, 2010 at 6:33 AM

ah i guess we end up disappointed most of the times we expect some feeling from Men...:)

I have an award for you at my blog... please come over and grab whenever you can.

Blessings,
Ruth
Underneath His Wrapping

Mamma has spoken July 18, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Been there before sweetie and it does bite. Had long discussions with hubby about it, some of it sanked in, a lot didn't. Have to say though, with age, 'bitching', and refusing to do anything more around the house, he has gotten better.

Bossy Betty July 18, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Oh yes. I wrote a blog post once about how stinkin' happy my husband was to have me take the kids on vacation without him!

I get it! Hope you have some time to relax now!

Marlene July 18, 2010 at 4:45 PM

*snicker* Guess with that sunburn, he won't be gettin' much in the way of any ahem....you know...

(Or is he too cute to ignore in that department too?) *snort*

K9friend July 18, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Men...they can certainly try a person's patience. Why can't they be perfect like us? : )

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

grownupforeal July 18, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Sooo funny!

I might have to use that last "lube" comment. The "headache" thing is getting old, LOL.

Kat July 19, 2010 at 6:15 AM

Ugh. Men are so friggin clueless sometimes. Dur.

Next time take off without the kids and the dog and the hubby! And for a whole week! HAHA! (i'd hate to see the state of the house when you get back tho)

The Professional Family Manager July 19, 2010 at 5:33 PM

And yet, when guys go away on business trips, they expect you to hang on their every word when they walk in the door as they describe the awesome time they had being taken out to expensive restaurants on the company's dime, and the great bar they went to afterwards...and wonder why you have such a bad attitude about it. :-)