Wecome to my town, where they grow milk jugs

>> Saturday, July 24, 2010

I’m going to take y’all on a small tour, forgive the photographs I am not skilled at taking photos. Plus all the photos you are about to enjoy are taken from my car going like 50MPH.

This is what you see when pulling out of my street, nice huh? They bail hay here.  I know boring...WAKE UP!

Some old barns that I LOVE. Are you Yawning?

Here you might find some cows.

Oh here are some cows now. This is what we say when we see the cows. “LOOK! Cow Maggie, what do cows say?” “Moooooooo”

“Look, horses Maggie what do horses say?” “Moooooooo”

I really like the old beat up old houses, reminds me of growing up. (No Mom I’m not trashing my childhood again)

This one is kind of creepy even in daylight.

Now here we have our local Dairy farm, at the local stores you can buy the local milk, for 5 times the price of milk shipped in from like, I don’t know, Canada.

In our family we have a disagreement about what is under the white plastic.
I say its cow dung, because it stinks to high heaven, when you drive by you wish you could cut off your nose and leave it at home.

My husband says “it’s all the dead bodies of the wife’s that blame their husband’s for farting in the car when they drive by. That one even has a smiley face on it, bet some happy husband put it there.” “ Talk to the hand stinky”…I say

Milk cows, which make the high priced local Milk.

Oh and here is where they grow the milk jugs. Bet you didn’t know Milk Jugs grew on farms. We have the only milk jug farms in the World! That’s why our Local milk is soooo expensive, the Jugs are Organic.

No, really what is this guy doing with all the jugs on a stick? My dad says its a way to keep moles away from your yard. (my dad is an expert on lawn care, moles and how to buy anything for a dime). According to my dad,  The wind blows the jug, that vibrates the stick, and sends the mole culprit running for his life. "Its the humane way," Dad tells me."  I just toss a smoke bomb down the hole and smoke the suckers out."

Well I think this guy is smoking something, because the moles sure have him fooled.  I just picture all the moles sitting around pointing and laughing at the guy as he mows around them milk jugs on sticks.

And someone should tell him its not working, cause after all these years he keeps putting out more and more jugs. That tells me maybe the moles like the jugs and the vibration they make, cause they keep making holes for them. I don’t know just a thought.

Blasé July 24, 2010 at 4:38 PM

I no longer drink cow milk, I've been drinking soy milk for the past 4 years. It comes in a box container. I don't mind being without plastic milk jugs, but I will never be without a woman's jugs...

frumpfactor.wordpress.com July 24, 2010 at 9:32 PM

I actually really like the barn photos that made you yawn. I guess one person's boring everyday view is a novelty to somebody else. Nice pics!

middle child July 24, 2010 at 9:41 PM

OMG! There's so much I could say about organic "jugs" but I'm gonna leave it alone.

tsue1136 July 25, 2010 at 5:45 AM

Great post! Still snickering!

Stopping by from Friday Follow and now following you on GFC.

Best of luck to your Dad!
Terri

Mamma has spoken July 25, 2010 at 5:48 AM

Hey where you live, could pass for where I live! As for what is under the plastic, around here it would be those HUGE round bales of hay. They put it under plastic so they don't get wet all the way through. Something about that if it does, you can't feed it to the cows because it does something to them. Yea, I grew up on a farm can you tell????

ZippyChix4 July 25, 2010 at 6:10 AM

Nice pictures!! Love the mole stories. Thanks for the morning chuckle. Stopping in from the tea party and looking forward to exploring your blog further:)

Bossy Betty July 25, 2010 at 9:22 AM

I loved these pictures! I grew up in an area like this and miss i very much. ALl I see when I walk out my front door are more houses and a set of neighbors just waiting to report some suburban infraction!

Loved the milk jug fields. Could you please find out where they grow candy and take me there?

K9friend July 25, 2010 at 9:31 AM

I've never heard the milk jug theory. I'll have to pass that along to my mother-in-law, at age 83 still an intrepid mole fighter!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

Diana July 25, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Love the Barn photos actually. And I'm STILl LOL'ing at middle child's "organic jugs comment" Priceless!!!

Leanne July 25, 2010 at 10:51 AM

HEY GIRLIE!!! So, my sister is going to kill me ... because I am going to share your town's MILK JUG idea with my brother-in-law (and he is JUST THE TYPE to run out and buy 10 gallons of milk to get rid of the VOLES he has in his lawn. I'm thinking if it works for Moles, it would probably work for Voles, too! - I never even heard of voles before - I guess they are kind of like a mole. I don't know.)

Anyway - loved seeing where your hood. Do they even HAVE Starbucks out there??? Or is there a cow for that too? ;)

Love ya, and hope you're having a fanTAStic weekend!!

Develyn July 25, 2010 at 11:18 AM

Hi there. I'm stopping by from the Tea Party. Thanks for the morning pick me up. I really enjoyed reading your bog. Very Funny!

Lynn July 25, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Hi...thanks for following me from little bit quirky! I'm following you now too. I'm such a city girl that I would have believed you when you said it was a milk jug farm!

Marlene July 25, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Leave it to you to post about cows and jugs in the same post!!!

Joey @ Big Teeth and Clouds July 25, 2010 at 7:06 PM

I'm sure that the moment he takes his jugs in, the moles come back. It's a constant battle, the poor man.

Nicole July 26, 2010 at 10:02 AM

The stuff in the white tarps is silage. It is what they feed the dairy cattle. Just if you were wondering :). Instead of using silo's to hold it, they use the large white tarps.

Rose July 26, 2010 at 8:17 PM

looks like a nice peacful area. love old barns.