Why we scream for ice-cream

>> Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Scientists calculate that the attraction between a child and an ice-cream truck can be up to sixty times as strong as mere gravity.
Scientists have also discovered that the music played by the ice-cream truck can interrupt the language center of a child’s brain, resulting in a frantic high pitch squeal.
Most parents try to correct this phenomenon by ignoring it, in hopes it will go away. The problem with this technique is that it is based on the moronic premise that the child is unaware of what is in the ice-cream truck. Ultimately this creates a secondary condition causing the child to scream in hysterics and spew water from the eyes and nose. Studies have shown that the only known antidote is to cram frozen treats into the mouth of affected child.

There is some speculation that ice-cream truck music has some affect on the mind of parents.  Drivers have reported being chased down the street and shot at by garden hose welding parents. The majority of these cases seem to be in direct correlation to the fact the water blasting parents have multiple children.  However what affect ice-cream truck music has on parents of small children has yet to be scientifically proven.

Donda July 21, 2010 at 9:53 PM

I am not ashamed to admit that I used to torture our icecream man when I was a teenager. He was OK, when I was about 12 but when I got to be about 15 he was just a yucky perv.

Gigi July 22, 2010 at 6:23 AM

Hi! Coming over from Leanne's From Chaos. What a great blog! This post is my life in a nutshell during summertime. We can't avoid that ice cream man. Subscribing to your feed!

Mamma has spoken July 22, 2010 at 7:36 AM

I live in the part of the subdivison where my kids were the only kids on the block. Ice cream trucks know to advoid my part because it just wasn't worth the stop, thank goodness!

~Joy July 22, 2010 at 8:33 AM

We live out in the country so my kids don't get to chase down an ice cream truck. But one of the lakes we visit usually is visited by an Ice Cream truck and my kids always bring their money along just in case. Just a couple days ago was our first time to go there this year but the Ice Cream Truck never showed, I had some bummed out kids but they talked me into stopping at DQ instead.Wasn't quite as exciting but it did the job :)

Rose July 22, 2010 at 9:42 AM

who doesn't like the ice cream truck? many a time chasing it down as we didn't hear the music. the ice cream truck is a symbol of summer.

Mimi July 22, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Oh, I could strangle the ones who drive around in my neighborhood all day!