Blueberry fields forever…a blissful trip

>> Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I’m going to take you on a walk, to a place I love to go. Just though my moms backyard and down the deer path watch not to step on the wild flowers.

Past the tall grass and out of the shady wood, just wait as your eyes adjust and take in the fresh air. Its so quite here, only the occasional distant mooing of cows or a flock of crows bursting into flight, disturb the sound of the cool breeze.

Did you bring your bucket like I said, you can fill it as we walk.

Don’t eat to many save some for a friend. See the farmer is fine if you glean, but please don’t get greedy.

Just up this hill, you’ll see my favorite part.

Do you know this snow cap peak…oh I know it well. Yes that is Mt Hood, let us sit and rest a spell.

Take in the lovely day, let the sun warm your face, if you are very still you can feel God in this place.

I hope you enjoyed this little walk, what a blessing to have you along.

Mamma has spoken August 4, 2010 at 6:37 AM

Were those blue berries? I've never picked wild blue berries before, thanks! Around here it's blackberries that grow wild for the picking.

Marlene August 4, 2010 at 9:39 AM

I'd be in heaven if I could wake up to a scene like Mt Hood every morning! I LOVE mountains!

Blasé August 4, 2010 at 3:39 PM

Oh, I did so ever enjoy the walk with you.

We had a blueberry bush growing on our deck. Blueberries are good in anti-oxidants. I prefer to twirl blueberries around on my tongue...

middle child August 4, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Thanks for taking me on this walk. It was beautiful.

loveable_homebody August 4, 2010 at 10:30 PM

The grapes are my favourite. They look so juicy. Plus, because they're translucent, I bet they look gorgeous when the light shines through them. The leaves, too. What a special place! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

K9friend August 5, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Thank you for the lovely walk. After a long day, I really enjoyed it!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

Green Monkey August 6, 2010 at 6:27 AM

ohhhhhh my!!! that brought some serious memories sweeping back... blueberry hunting!!! what fun. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the photo's !!!

terrid614 August 6, 2010 at 6:45 AM

this brings back memories of a little girl. my dad would make us go pick 'wild' blueberries. it literally would take ALL day to fill 1/2 a coffee can, as wild berries are much smaller....but then to taste my mom's homemade blueberry pie....pure bliss! xo

Mimi August 6, 2010 at 6:18 PM

I've never seen a snow capped mountain!

Stop by my book review blog, Read, Review, Repeat for a chance to win one of Madeleine Wickham's latest hardcover books!

Rose August 8, 2010 at 7:57 PM

thanks for your comment on my blog re child's playhouse. I'm fortunate as my husband can do alot around the house.Rose

Leanne August 8, 2010 at 8:03 PM

SO LOVE these photos, dear! I wish I were there (I buy my blueberries at a GROCERY STORE! Can you imagine!?!? :O

Thanks for the congrats on the 100! I have a long way to go to get to your millions ;) - but I was excited! And I totally know it's not about that - but it's part of the fun. So, thanks, dear!!!