TMI about GYN

>> Thursday, August 26, 2010

My pelvic floor is pretty much shot, after 4 vaginal births, its seen better days. Being that I worked in an ob/gyn office I’ve seen what can happen when your pelvic floor gives out, it isn’t pretty. Let’s just say you sure in the hell don’t want to be sitting across from me when I sneeze, you could get impaled by my IUD.

Today I find myself sick, some junk I’m sure I picked up from our Doctors office. My 5 year old goes in for his last vaccinations before kindergarten and I walk out with some crud. It never fails, what is with parents taking their sick kids to the doctors, I mean if your kid is shivering in a blanket in the waiting room...put a dam mask on them or something…or leave them in the car…sheesh.

I am not a happy sick person (duh) because as you know moms don’t get sick days, my house is a dump and at this point I’d rather take a match to it then clean it. And how is it that you can’t suck air in through your nose but snot can drip out nonstop?  Do you have any idea what loads of herbal tea, constant hacking, and a week pelvic floor make? Damp underroos!

But the good news about my pelvic floor (Cause I know you are just dying to know) is that my fate is in my genes, no not the damp jeans I’m wearing now, buy my genetics. My grandmother gave birth to 8 kids and still has all her original hardware in its original place. Way to go grandma, and thank God we have IUD’s now a days!

Cheryl D. August 26, 2010 at 8:22 AM

TMI indeed! But damn funny!

Marlene August 26, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Heehee....I've mastered the art of crossing my legs when I sneeze. I can even do it so it only looks like I'm a nutcase, and not trying to hide the fact that I have an incompetent bladder.

Bethany@ImperfectMom August 26, 2010 at 12:49 PM

"impaled by my IUD"-LOL!! Funny stuff! I hope you feel better soon. Take some pieces of Kleenex and make corks for your nostrils-just growl at your kids when they laugh at you. ;-)

Megan August 26, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Gosh, I've only had one birth, and that turned into a emergency c-section, and I already pee when I sneeze. Anymore kids, and I'm doomed!!!

You need to find a doctor's office where the well kids have their own waiting room and the sick ones have their's. VERY handy for not spreading the Yuk around.

Mamma has spoken August 26, 2010 at 6:16 PM

I am Always saying that I have a weak bladder and I earned it due to birthing 4 babies. However all that other plumping came out a long time ago and I haven't looked back. Not worring about other vaginal fluid leaks is a wonderful thing.

citymouse August 27, 2010 at 3:12 AM

Hilarious! Let's just say I feel your pain!

Hope you feel better soon.

Laura August 27, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Oh No!!!!! Definitely TMI, but oh so funny!

Leanne August 27, 2010 at 4:03 PM

I'll be back soon to read this one - but I just wanted to tell you - I tagged you!!! Read this post ...

and if you want to play along, please do!! (I usually don't do this stuff, but just thought I would this time!!)

Bossy Betty August 27, 2010 at 5:43 PM

I am guessing this is not a condition that can be fixed Pergo....

Lynn August 27, 2010 at 7:23 PM

I've only had one birth and I am projectile squirting when I sneeze. Not pretty.

Marnie September 2, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Great blog. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who has to be careful when sneezing or running :0)