Zoo Tails

>> Monday, September 6, 2010

My husband got up this Sunday morning and asked me, “What are we doing for Family fun today.” Well the only fun I had planed was cleaning the house and doing laundry, not exactly what he had in mind. With some brain storming we came up with the Zoo, great day for the Zoo since it was in the high 60s and little chance of rain.

So we packed up the kids and headed for the Washington Park Zoo, 30 minutes and several arguments with my 5 year old later we coughed up 40 bucks *and a little white lie that my 12 year old was 11* and we were ready for some “Family fun.” Well fun if you like butts.

The animals where not happy to see us, if they happen to be out, they wouldn’t cooperate. It started with the Lion, all we could see was his hairy back side and a giant pair of, well you know. My son yells, “Hey mom take a picture of the Lion!” “Of what?” I ask, “his butt?”   Bet you can't guess what he yells next..."And his furry tenders, thier huge!"
So that’s how it went all “Family fun” day, my 5 year old Sam crying that he wanted to go home, and animals giving us the “Tail”.

Here we have a bit of Warthog butt.

A big ol Rhinoceros butt, he looked kind of...I don't know...dead, I had to make sure he was breathing, he was just napping tho.

Zebra was having none of us, just talk to the butt.

Some kind of Monkey butt.

Gazelles have cute butt’s, they keep in shape with all that running.

Can you tell who’s butt this is? Hey this could be a new segment on Sesame Street.

And the biggest Butts of all…..My kids.

Here is Jonah, just plan old pooped out from all the “Family fun”.

Sam is just Done, even had to ride with his sister because he was so tiered, wanted to go home, and didn't want to see anymore animals…sheesh…What a butt head.

What kind of Family fun did you do this weekend?

Cheryl D. September 6, 2010 at 10:25 AM

LOL! That's too funny. Whenever we go to the zoo, all the animals are sleeping. There was this one time though, that my daughter (then 3) and I got to watch to giraffes have sex. Right in front of us. It was interesting and funny and I had a lot of explaining to my daughter about how giraffes sometimes play! LOL!

We went to the beach yesterday and saw a ton of dolphins swimming really close to shore! It was pretty awesome!

jackie September 6, 2010 at 10:46 AM

hahaha!! It never fails that when we go to the zoo, the animals are sleeping or just not around. That drives me crazy!!

My weekend was mostly cleaning the house and enjoying some movies. I finally watched The Godfather, and I'm hoping to start on part 2 today. But first, we're heading over to my grandma's for a BBQ!

Have a great week!

Mamma has spoken September 6, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Last time I took my son to the zoo, all the animals took turns defecating. You ought to see how much poo comes out of a rhino! OH and watching the polar bear's poo coloring the water was interesting too. Best part was, this was this past spring and son is now 18. He had a wonderful time talking about poop.
As for the family fun thing, nothing. That's the best family fun thing, doing nothing...

loveable_homebody September 6, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Wow. That's quite a collection of butts. Some prudes might even be offended by this post! Haha. Did your kids name the warthog "Pumbaa"? Last time I was at the zoo, 15 years ago, my family, friends and I visited each animal that was featured in The Lion King.

For some reason, the giraffe seems to be giving more attitude and this picture than the others. Maybe it's because he's so tall and his posture rocks. It looks like he's sticking his nose up at everything.

Marlene September 6, 2010 at 9:41 PM

I was half expecting to see you bent over by the last photo! ;)

Mimi September 6, 2010 at 10:10 PM

"Furry tenders" made me laugh out loud!

My hubby made us homemade fried chicken and homemade baked beans today & we just hung out & chilled.

Hugs & love,
Mimi

Frugal Vicki September 7, 2010 at 12:42 PM

I don't know what made me laugh more, the furry tenders or all the butt pictures.

K9friend September 7, 2010 at 8:00 PM

The zoo is such fun. Glad you had a good time!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

Sandra September 7, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Were they pooped from family fun or just bored...? I ask this because we did the zoo yesterday, and next time I come up with that idea, I hope someone shoots me in the foot before I leave the house.
PS: I think the pics of the kids are much cuter than the pics of the animals. Just so you know :)

Kat September 8, 2010 at 7:07 AM

Hahaha!!!!! That is a ton of animal butts. Holy moly!
We went to the county fair this weekend. It was a blast, though we saw a good amount of animal butts ourselves. ;)

Liz September 8, 2010 at 12:29 PM

wow, you really did have a butt-astic day!

Mr Monkey September 8, 2010 at 4:22 PM

That was really funny, at least you got a good blog out of it. love family fun day in my house
Mr Monkey

Queenie Jeannie September 9, 2010 at 6:17 AM

LOL! Zoo butts!!

I hope you will be joining us with our Queen Lessons!!!

haisley September 9, 2010 at 6:47 AM

hey.........nice blog la... can u visit my blog
thankz

scrapwordsmom September 13, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Oh my heck...this is hilarious!!! Glad other families have meltdowns, too and not everything is always rosy and fun!!!LOL;)

Leanne September 14, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Absolutely fantastic!!!! This post is exactly why you and I are meant to be the best of friends!!!!! LOVE all the butts!!! (Oh, and I have one question ... when you wrote "I had to make sure he was breathing" about the rhino, what exactly did you DO to make sure he was breathing?? Visions of you doing some mating rhino call are playing through my head!!! Ahhhhooooogaaaa! Ahhooooogaaaa!!!) ;)