My Therapist Dogged me…

>> Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I know my blog header says “avoiding Therapy” but sometimes you have to face the music and realize when you’re as crazy as I am…you need to suck it up and ask for help. Life is hard just deal with it right? Well guess I’m dealing with it in the wrong ways and it’s time for some professional *cough* help.

I went twice and it was what you would expect, she asked questions that made me cry she told me I had to deal with these feelings. Whatever…I HATE feeling…why doesn’t she just deal with it for me?? Just give me Peppermint mocha, a scone and round it off with a bag of chips, just let me eat my way to comfortably numb! Well guess that hasn’t been working because now I’m just uncomfortably fat!

This is the deal, according to my Therapist, I have self-worth issues. DUH! Oh and I sabotage myself…and that’s what I need to learn how to stop doing.

I freaked out before my third appointment with said Therapist, the one that wants me to learn self-worth. I started to panic all day not wanting to go, not wanting to talk…to talk about…well that’s none of your damn business now is it. I sucked it up and went…and waited…and sat…and waited…and she never shows up! Hell good thing I’m not suicidal cause I might have just jumped out the window. Talk about teaching someone they are worth a lick…just not worth her time.

After an apology from the Therapist and another appointment I had to force myself to go to…she leaves me hanging again. Now I really think there must be something wrong with me… guess I’ll just go eat worms. Or better yet a bag of chips. On the bright side I don’t have to change my blog header.

P.S.  If your feeling sorry for me please send food.

middle child November 30, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Are you saying you were stood-up twice? Hmmmm. Time to get a new therapist. From what you've said, I too would be intimidated or at least quite reluctant to go to an appt. Yeah. Just what anyone needs,...more stress. Love you. Come on over. I have lots of food to share.

Leanne November 30, 2010 at 6:12 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leanne November 30, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Sister . . . I agree with the middle child above - it's definitely time to get a new therapist! And while you are it, tell the OLD therapist that you have enough self-worth than to sit and wait around for her any longer - so ADIOS!! Bam!!! (I think that "Bam!" is very effective, don't you?)

Listen, honey, I'm here. Well, actually, I'm thousands of miles away in Chicago. But, I'm still just an email away - and I know you've got the FAITH to believe in yourself and this life you've been given. You have touched so many through the words you've shared here. I know that there are many many more who need you. Believe that this too shall pass. And until then, write about it. Talk about it. And know that so many of us BELIEVE in YOU!!!

Cheryl D. November 30, 2010 at 7:01 PM

The therapist stood you up... TWICE? Find a competent therapist. Do not return to this one.

Marlene November 30, 2010 at 8:34 PM

I would be happy to send you food, but I'm too busy stuffing myself to share. I know. I'm so bad.

Wanna come eat a bag of chips WITH me?!! :)

Laura December 1, 2010 at 1:01 PM

I once heard that the only people who go into therapy as a profession are those that need therapy themselves. I think your therapist needs a therapist - that, and some time management lessons. Dump the... oops... can't say that! I'll just say that it's time to find a new therapist.

Bethany@ImperfectMom December 3, 2010 at 5:37 PM

Ugh-I hate talking about feelings, too. I never feel better after "talking" and crying. Yuck. I'm sorry your therapist stood you up twice-that sounds really unprofessional to not even have her secretary call you.

Peggy K December 5, 2010 at 6:20 AM

Yep, I'm on board with the others...time to dump the ditz!! Unless she is trying some type of immersion therapy where she exposes you to situations where you would question your self worth and you get to the point where you tell her to hit the road and then she comes back and tells you you're cured...yeah, that's it...I'm sure of it!!!!! Damn, she's good!!!!!

Leanne December 11, 2010 at 3:04 PM

so . . . are you doing ok?

Miss you and thinking of you.